Practicing Prose

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Alice Arena

JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Alice Arena Empty Alice Arena

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:38 pm

This will be where we 'build' our wonderful Alice in Wonderland Arena that we can use for our 76th Hunger Games story!
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Alice Arena Empty Re: Alice Arena

Post  crazycreator Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Should we set up parameters for the arena, write down the ideas? How will that be introduced? And then how will we get to work on claiming characters? Since we'll be using the Capital kids (right?) we don't need to worry about districts, but we may want something to keep characters distinct. Maybe sons/daughters of particular characters, aka President Snow (don't know if he had children, just an example).
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah, I like the particular characters idea! Who were some of the Capitol charries who had kids? And parameters, I'm thinking there's a giant thorn/hedge wall keeping them in, a hedge maze area, an area with dark woods or giant flowers, and outside of the Alice theme, I was thinking maybe a mine area? As sort of a remembrance of District 12? And we'd probably want to have a couple more areas than just those (or even strike some of those out if we come up with better ideas), but after we get a certain number of areas, we could start developing each?

(P.S. There's gonna be a surprise visit from someone who didn't actually die in Mockingjay [and if you disagree with me I have a theory that can't be directly disproven Wink].)

And I just noticed now that my icon was already Alice themed, weird haha, maybe that's what made me think of this theme!
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Ooh, we should have characters from the districts that prided themselves on winning the hunger games, like the ones who trained people for it.

Well, that would be interesting... either way, good idea!
    tsaxophone13

Post  tsaxophone13 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, we could definitely each be a trainer and have the characters that we train play in the games, totally awesome idea. It would involve much less complication.
    chrystal13
    chrystal13

Post  chrystal13 Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:24 pm

So who is going to train this Games' tributes? I don't really think the past winners would want to do it, and there aren't a lot of them left anyway- just seven I believe.

And as for important people in the Capitol that had kids, I know Snow had a granddaughter, so she should definitely be in it!
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Awesome! Snow's granddaughter will be a good addition, and I'm not sure about what to do about trainers, I think I like Lizzie's idea but I'm not totally sure I get it yet haha. (By the way Allison did you check out my Cinna theory on the Fairytale Arena page?)
    chrystal13
    chrystal13

Post  chrystal13 Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Haha yes I saw your theory, and I believe you! I can't find any flaws with it, and I always hoped that Cinna was alive. He was my favorite character, and I think he would have been able to blend in with the people in the districts because he never had any plastic surgery like the other citizens of the Capitol.

Lizzie, could you please expound on your idea for the trainers?
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:54 pm

I didn't have any ideas for the trainers. I meant something else, which was a bad idea, and hence should be ignored.

Maybe they shouldn't have any trainers? Or... maybe... well, they could be consulted by people who are biased towards the victors (non-Capitol people) so that the kids know why they're being sacrificed. Other than that, I don't have any ideas, sorry.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Perhaps we could design the arenas, then just start the story at the start of the games, and part of the character template will explain the most important moments leading up to that, like their reaction to being chosen and what they did to impress the gamemakers?
    chrystal13
    chrystal13

Post  chrystal13 Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:21 pm

That sounds good! We could start the story in that minute where the tributes just have to stand on those metal circles and wait. Just so we don't have to worry about trainers.

I'm toying with the idea of making a weird character who speaks only in verse...
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:50 pm

Well they are supposed to be Capitol children...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content