Practicing Prose

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Fairytale Arena

JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Fairytale Arena Empty Fairytale Arena

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:56 pm

I'm going to theme my (first) arena design around classic fairy tales. Wish Head Gamemaker Sheets good luck!
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Fairytale Arena Empty Re: Fairytale Arena

Post  crazycreator Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Good luck!

Edit: I was wondering if the arenas somehow correlated to The Hunger Games... (just read your other post, now I know). Sounds like an awesome idea!
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks! And may the odds ever be in your favor.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:19 pm

So, I'm posting my reasoning for why Cinna's not dead here...

So, when Plutarch originally heard that Cinna was dead, that was the news at the time, however this came from an unreliable source who only noticed he was missing from an area compound he was previously imprisoned in. When Cinna was beaten and taken from Katniss, he was taken to a prison compound on the edges of the Capitol, and being Cinna, immediately befriended and was liked by many of the guards. (Plutarch did find this out soon after he relayed Cinna's 'death' to Katniss, but kept it to himself so he wouldn't have to worry about an extra factor in the rescue mission.) During a scuffle, three peacekeepers who really pitied him helped him escape with just enough supplies to get into District 3, where he passed as a citizen of District 1, as the people of the districts didn't know of him as much as those in the Capitol did, but he was trapped there with other civilians until the end of the war. After the rebels won, he managed to get transportation to District 8 (the textile district) where he worked to design more effective worksuits for each of the districts, starting with 1 and continuing downward. He never managed to get message to Katniss without risking giving himself away, and didn't recognize Gale in District 2 (since I don't believe they met personally). The epilogue of the Hunger Games was on the day he was finally was going to present the outfits to District 12, where he could finally reunite with Katniss. Smile Any objections?

Last edited by JustTheNarrator on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Just one: how is that much awesomeness possibly hypothesized by one person?

No argument here... I love the back-story, fits perfectly. Yay!
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Awesome, someone agrees with me! Very Happy It took a while haha, at first I was just so desperate to not have Cinna be dead I came up with the basics of that, and just sort of wrote it out into story form here Smile
    And thank you!
    tsaxophone13

Fairytale Arena Empty Reply to Sheet's Cinna's Story

Post  tsaxophone13 Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Alrighty, so the Cinna backstory was pretty cool. It does not actually mean that I agree that it happened, but it definitely could be possible. Question though, how are the Games being reinstated in the first place? There has to be a reason that they do begin again when most people would be so happy without them.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 pm

You finished the third book, right? Where they decided on one last Games? That's what this'll be.
    tsaxophone13

Post  tsaxophone13 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Oh, I assumed that that would stop when the leader was shot by Katniss, and the person from eight took over. It is a logical continuation though, so okay.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:13 pm