Practicing Prose

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

The Beginning

JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

The Beginning - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginning

Post  JustTheNarrator Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 pm

"Meh, slightly better," Seth grumbled. "And apparently that's a no to the truce for now?" Mind games were much more his forte, and he would prefer that to the physical battle. "Well, we can at least talk while we fight. And... I don't remember. Maybe I was once a human. Maybe I had a family..." Seth looked slightly down. "But my kind are now rare. I have been around longer than I should be by natural means. And it seems you may be disturbed by my vague image, or at least distrustful. I can assure you this is me, my full form long ago turned to dust." Perhaps he was revealing more than he should to a possible Seelie double agent, but he really didn't care. He had vanished moved from county to county and changed identities more than once, and it would be no problem if he had to flee again. Individual battles were no problem for him, but constantly being hunted was tiring. The crime for which he was hunted he no longer remembered, but he did feel a distaste for the general feel of being followed.
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:26 pm

Character Bio
    Name: Vythica Boderon

Sex: Female

Seelie/Unseelie: Seelie

Race: Nixie

Skill: Hypnotism (uses her enchanted violin to lure people to her lake. It also causes people to become sleepy.)

Appearance: Vythica’s hair shimmers like the silver surface of the water and her crystalline blue eyes sparkle like the lake she lives in. Her expression constantly changes, much like a river changes and moves. Sometimes she wears a sunny smile, and others her expression is dark like a tempest over the ocean. Vythica is never without her violin. It is always strapped to her back, much like a quiver to an archer’s. She possesses a type of motherly affection for it, even checking to see if it is intact during the heat of battle. Despite that distraction, though, she can be deadly on the battlefield. She never stays still for long and prefers close-combat so she can corner her opponent and strike from an angle they least expect.

Personality: Vythica’s ever-changing personality confuses most of her peers in the Seelie Court. She can’t be pinned down, much like you can’t pin down a stream. The only constant is that she loathes Unseelies with a passion. She was one of the supporters of passing the law to exterminate them back when that was just a dream of the Seelie Court. She would gladly cut down any Unseelie, whether or not they truly deserved it. In her mind, just by being an Unseelie makes them deserving of death.

Background: Long ago Vythica was betrothed to an aristocrat of the Seelie Court. As an engagement gift, her fiancé gave her the violin that she holds so near to her heart. Unfortunately, on their wedding day they were attacked by a band of Unseelie rebels wishing to destroy members of the Seelie Court. Vythica managed to escape in a nearby pond, but her soon-to-be husband was murdered along with Vythica’s older sister and various other attendees. Because of this, she hates the Unseelie. She feels it is her personal mission to track down and kill any Unseelie that dares cross her path.

Other: Her weapon of choice is a dagger.
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Vythica eyed the two Unseelies chatting from behind a tree. Instinctively she rested her hand against the dagger at her belt. The Nixie had watched their battle from the safety of her hiding place. She raised an eyebrow. So they were enemies once more after sort of forming a truce. A smile made its way to her lips. At least now she didn't have to kill them herself. It made her life easier. Besides, she wasn't really in the mood to fight that day. She shifted her weight in preparation to run off. Then, as she took her first step forward she heard the unmistakeable sound of a branch crunch underfoot.
    "Great..." she mumbled to herself.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 pm

((It should definitely be interesting to see how she joins in with us.))
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 pm

As Seth's head was turned down, he heard a sound behind him. A living sound. He turned his head slightly more, to try to spot the perpetrator of their battle without giving away he knew it was there, but it was no use. He couldn't see it. He emitted a high pitched shriek from his core, barely detectable by most conscious beings, but easily detectable by animals. In this specific case, Blaire. The bird flew to him, perching on his right shoulder, which he instinctively solidified for her. After a quiet murmur, the bird knew what must be done. It took off, flying in front of him, but he knew it would gradually circle around to find the spy behind them.
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:59 pm

The snap of dry wood riveted Calantha's attention.
    "Is this another of your tricks?" she murmured softly the blurry form, for she guessed he noticed it too if she did, considering he was closer.
    Withdrawing another dagger hidden on her person, she gazed into the shadows of the forest, suspecting something wholly different than what she saw. As she crept closer, a figure materialized.
    It was crouched behind the leaves of an oak, the dilapidated sunlight shining on silver hair, but Calantha could distinguish nothing more. This was a Seelie though, she was sure, a delicate flower stumbled into a briar patch. Instantly, a hot fury seized her. She hated all Seelie with a vengeance, but she held her emotions in check, and instead she gazed at her foe-turned-friend-and-foe-again, to see what he would do.
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:08 am

Vythica sighed. She had been spotted. Quickly she drew her dagger from her belt and stepped out from behind the tree so that she could face her opponents.
    "Lovely day for a walk, no?" She said with a hint of sarcasm. She recognized that the female was a Sidhe almost upon sight but the other...she had no clue what it was. Vythica balanced herself on the ball of her feet, ready to pounce whenever the two Unseelie decided to attack.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 am

"Ahh, moving closer. Are you insinuating truce or battle?" Seth winked slightly, an attempt to let her know not to acknowledge the new foe. But before he could, the unknown stepped out. It appeared to be confused at him, so this was his perfect chance. He could use it to take out this shape shifter, and then take it out. "Finally reinforcements are starting to come in. I thought I may have to take this one out all by my lonesome. Care to join me, or will I have to finish it off myself?"
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:22 am

Vythica scoffed, "You must be mad, whatever you are. You and I are not allies, Unseelie." There was an edge to her voice. The mere thought of ever working with an Unseelie, even if it meant the death of another, turned her stomach. She half-smiled, "But if you want, you two can battle first. I don't mind waiting."
    The Nixie glanced back and forth between the two Unseelie, sizing them up. She figured she could take out the Sidhe with relative ease but the male being would be a challenge, due to the fact she had no clue what he was.
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 am

Scowling at the newcomer, Calantha slowly crept backwards. "I'm a she, not an it," she said indignantly to the Blur, as she decided to call him. To the Seelie she said, "Pretend to be proud in your bearing. You and all your fanciful court are nothing more than filth in pleasant drapery!"
    A general uneasiness in the form of bile was rising up her throat. The old familiar fall back tempted her now--for if she'd done anything well, it was abandon everything she'd ever known. She had better things to do, like, capture another mortal artist? Or perhaps another dancer to twirl in the melodies of her own songs?
    Subtly, she heightened her own dormant power--the ability to fluctuate emotion--and set their frustrations on each other.
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:37 am

"Filth?" The Seelie said angrily, "You call us filth?" She huffed. Her blood was really starting to boil now. "Well, I guess it can't be helped; you lowly Unseelie would know a thing about...class." She smiled arrogantly.
    Vythica took a step closer to the pair. "If you're so eager to fight, Sidhe, I'll gladly take you on!"
    Her lips curled back into a snarl and she pounced, dagger ready.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:38 am

Seth feigned shock. "Me, and Unseelie?" He scoffed. "Now why wold you ever think that?" Truly, he just wanted to know what gave him away for future trickery, but he may make an ally out of this one yet. He solidified himself more, attempting to appear lighter, and gave off vibes of warmth and happiness, pulling her in with his sense manipulation. At least he could use diplomacy until he figured out the simplest way to take out this sprite.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 am

((an* not and, at the beginning of the last post))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 am

The sudden change in the male's appearence stopped Vythica dead in her tracks. The being seemed...lighter and almost Seelie. She blinked rapidly, trying to see if it was just some trick of the light or something.
    Confusion fogged her brain and she wasn't sure if she should continue her assault or not. "What are you?" she asked, allowing the confusion to show in her voice, "I mean, you can't be Seelie...can you?"
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:51 am

"And why, exactly, not? Do I seem too low of a class to be a Seelie?" Seth stated indignantly. "Am I below your standards?" He scoffed again. "However, you seem like you may be a little rash to be a true Seelie..."
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 am

Pardon me to interrupt, but while you two are debating identity, I shall take my leave... She snickered internally.
    Calantha slipped quietly into the straggly trees nearby, extending the Glamour to her skin, which camouflaged with nature's color.

((Wow we're night owls!))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 am

Her mouth twisted into a frown. "I just know an Unseelie when I see one," she said in a low voice, "and I believe I have the right to be rash considering what you Unseelie have taken from me."
    The Nixie's eyes widened when the Sidhe disappeared into the trees. She cursed to herself for letting her get away.

((Yeah...it is really late, haha))
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

((Haha definitely! But I'll probably be turning in now.))
    Seth saw the other out of the corner of his eye, but gave it little notice. He may have the chance to invade the Seelie court itself! Who knows how many defenseless elders will be sitting on their fattened, tasty thrones there? In any case, he now appears to have bigger fish to fry. But, ignoring the escape of an Unseelie may give away his identity. "Where'd it go?!" Seth panicked at the newcomer, looking as if he might sprint but trying to appear as if he was attempting to remain collected. Because truly, he couldn't care less where it was going, but it may be best not to let that show. "Look, if you'd rather argue with me about who I know I am than catch a real Unseelie, be my guest, but I'm gonna try to catch it." He sprinted in its direction, containing his speed just enough to let what may be an entertaining little gift keep up.
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 am

((Same. I'm going to bed after this post, haha. Goodnight guys!))

She was torn. Either she could trust the possible-Unseelie or risk losing both of them. As much as it infuriated her to ally herself with him, she had no choice. Perhaps afterwards she could kill them both...
    She bolted after him, finally deciding that maybe it would be worth it in the end.

crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Feeling like she was playing a ridiculous game of follow the leader, Calantha doubled back and led her pursuers to the battle sight. It was still going strong, for such powerful beings were not killed easily. Tents lay in shambles, flames wreathed around dancing combatants, and Calantha tore through it all as fast as she could, putting everything into her Glamour and refusing to see any faces.
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:02 pm

((By the way, I will get around to making the banner look nicer...))
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:04 pm

((I won't be picky, lol))
    emeraldeyes
    emeraldeyes
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  emeraldeyes Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:24 pm

This chase was getting tiring. She knew she should've just killed both of those Unseelie and walked away. As she followed the male being, a thought struck her. How was she to know that this wasn't a trap? She felt a sinking suspicion in her gut that she shouldn't trust the male, but she had to destroy that Unseelie.
    It was her duty to destroy them, to avenge her friends and family murdered by those monsters. Vythica grumbled to herself and continued running.
    crazycreator
    crazycreator
    Co-Admin
    Co-Admin

Post  crazycreator Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:30 pm

((Perhaps we could introduce more characters to keep this fresh))
    JustTheNarrator
    JustTheNarrator
    Sycthe
    Sycthe

Post  JustTheNarrator Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Seth noticed a flash off to the side, heading towards the battleground. He turned to follow it. He remembered that Blaire was still trailing the water one, which could be useful later. Or...
    He called the bird to him, and quickly sent it after the shape-shifter. Once it was clearly away, he decided he could make his stand. "Sorry, miss, but I'm afraid you're quest for the Queen will end here," he shouted to the water Seelie over the din of the battle. Now that he was at the heat of the battle, he could have support if he needed it, or just leaver her there if he chose. "It seems that you may have been right not to trust me, but I deeply thank you for exposing the flaws in my Seelie guise. Now, do you wish to fight me one on one, or shall I pull a more fair fight for you out of elsewhere in the battle?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:43 am